[juneau-lug] Re: Debian/OpenBSD PowerPC

  • From: James Zuelow <e5z8652@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 16:24:28 -0800 (AKDT)

> Weird.  Looks kind of like a 5600, but hard to tell from the photo.  I
> guess it isn't an eMac, which is the other G3 possibility.

Here it is:

http://www.lowendmac.com/ppc/g3aio.shtml

Looks like it pre-dates open firmware, so OpenBSD isn't bootable.  The
Debian CD may not be bootable either.  But it is new enough that it won't
run 7.5.3.

I'll do some research & see what we can do.  It looks like Yellow Dog Linux
runs on these things, and SuSE PPC is similar - so Toby's CD might be the
best bet for a quick & easy install.  Debian runs on everything, but
sometimes needs a little tweaking.