[juneau-lug] Re: Comdex (was Minutes)

  • From: Phil Witt <phillipw@xxxxxxx>
  • To: juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 10:47:54 -0800

 Hey, I'd buy a hat, and a t-shirt if it was available.
I really did enjoy attending the meeting.
It seems to be a good group and I like the direction that you guys are
going.
I'm sorry I can't devote more time, but hopefully in the future I will be
able to help out more.
I do plan on tagging around, going to the meetings and helping out where
timepermits.

If I may make a suggestion.  Is there any chance that we may get a web based
forum going.
Not that I don't dislike the emails.  It just seems like it would help with
some discussions that may happen in the future.
Just wondering...maybe you guys already looked into it.  Or the email is the
best solution.

This would allow for topics.  Like opinions of the different
flavors/distributions.
It would be nice to have some sort of central place to have comments on the
different setups and components people have.
Experience with software people have had like vmware, samba, novell clients.
Favorite links for linux specific stuff.

anyway...

-Phil

At 10:28 AM 10/8/2001 -0800, Hans Snyder wrote:

>I think it is -very- important that we have a booth, but like james, if
there is not a lot of interest, and we can't
>do it well, then lets not do it at all.
>
>One thing I have been thinking about, since we have brought up several
things for consideration that require moneys
>(like renting space/getting specific equiptment/COMTEC, etc.) and since we
have reoccurring costs (like the
>webspace...domain name...) and since I am treasurer-of-the-moment ;)...And
lastly because we have been talking about
>image (and redhat won't send us anything)...perhaps we could consider
makingNICE hats for those who want it saying
>JuneauLUG w/ tucks on it...and then selling them to our members for 1.5
times or 2 times cost? I know I would like a
>hat or two...and a bumper stick may be nice....=3D) This might buy us some
time before instating a dues
>structure...perhaps we should also see if there is a proper time were we
could sell hot dogs or something...to raise
>money?
>
>I know this is not a fun thing to talk about...but I would rather see us
putoff dues, at least until membership goes
>up a bit. -Hans
>
>Oh yes, PS- I can't spell very well (so please excuse my spelling/grammer
mistakes)...that's why I am treasurer not