[juneau-lug] Re: CTL 195UW monitors at Fred's

  • From: deadcats <deadcats@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2007 14:27:11 -0800

Bought one of the Hanns-G 22" widescreens a couple weeks ago. Nice price,
too. :)
Had the same problem; needed to add a modeline to xorg.conf. But that took
care of the problem.

Had some nasty-looking fonts as a result of the monitor change. They
wouldn't conform to 96 x 96 dpi, even using the "force" option in KDE
Control Center. Googled it, and adding these two lines to xorg.conf under
the "Device" section got that straightened out:

Option "UseEdidDpi" "False"
Option "DPI" "96 x 96"

Good to hear from you, James! :)

regards,