[juneau-lug] August Meeting

  • From: Juneau Linux Users Group <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Juneau Linux Users Group <juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 17:19:23 -0800 (AKDT)

July was a wash, we need to set up the August meeting time & date.

August will be kind of important for those of us that will be on campus
regularly, so we can work on getting some new membership.

Also, an installfest of some kind might be in order.  If we can get enough
UAS students together to do the student club thing, we might be able to
use UAS bandwidth.  An installfest with a few tables (Debian, SuSE, RedHat
and/or Mandrake) would be a lot of work though, so commitment from LUG
members would be important.  The AKLUG people in Anchorage are going to
have one in early October, and that might be a good time for Juneau as
well.  The UAS semester will have started, but not gotten into midterms
quite yet, and we won't be competing with summer weather or the winter
holidays.  (That makes October and February/March good target dates.)

Anyway - just some ideas.  The default date for the meeting if nobody
proposes otherwise will be 3rd week of August.  A weekday night if
possible, otherwise Saturday or Sunday.