[juneau-lug] Re: April Meeting

  • From: Fritz Funk <fritzf@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 12:11:26 -0900

Jacob,

Linux games would be awesome!  I've been coaxing a group of middle-school age
students into Linux, but game demos would really pique their interest.  They
could bring their hardware - a bunch of them are just now building systems
around the Biostar M7NCG (nForce2 chipset with a GeForce4 on the
northbridge), with Athlon 2600s and 512mb of DDR 333.  If that would be
sufficient, they might enjoy seeing this stuff run on their hardware.
They'll have Mandrake 9.2 installed.

--Fritz Funk