[juneau-lug] Re: Another dumb email question

  • From: Jamie <jamie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 16:34:20 -0800

The situation: I work with a non-profit that has officers all over the
place.  I'm building a centralized membership database.  The newsletter
editor in NY wants a zip sorted list of mailing labels.  The president
in Virginia wants to add a new person.  The advocacy chair in Georgia
needs a phone number.  The treasurer in Maryland needs to record dues
payment and send them an acknowledgment email.  My current design has
the same app going to everyone and duties may overlap.  Therefore anyone
might need to send an email to acknowledge dues payment or a
contribution.  And I want to automate that.  Got a better idea?

I currently running postfix to receive my own mail.  Guess I'm not sure
what it takes to set up smtp for outgoing mail.  Maybe I'm already
running it?

Thanks.

Browns Homepage (updated 21Aug2004) http://jdb.homelinux.net