[juneau-lug] Re: AbiWord problem solved

  • From: "James Zuelow" <e5z8652@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 19:25:23 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chuck Hakari" <chakari@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2002 5:01 PM
Subject: [juneau-lug] Re: AbiWord problem solved

> I get an error that the fonts.scale file has a bad format. Guess that
would do
> it. Do you have a copy of the fonts.scale file that I can get a copy
of so I
> can compare the formatting?
>
> Chuck
The format should be fairly simple:
1st line: Number of fonts in the directory
All other lines:
Filename of font, a space, name of font

I don't have AbiWord installed, so I don't have a copy of that
particular fonts.scale.  I would try renaming fonts.scale to
fonts.scale.old, and then trying mkfontdir again to see what happens.
(Of course, then you might not have any scalable fonts - so your
original solution might be the best solution even if the files have a
quirky format.)  As long as you don't DELETE the files, you can play
around and see what works best.