[juneau-lug] Re: AT Case

  • From: James Zuelow <e5z8652@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 17:28:21 -0900

On Tue, 29 Oct 2002 19:19:09 -0900
"bdk" <bdk@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm going to surplus tomorrow, I want to pick up some more of the 3Com
> 3C509's.

You must have grabbed them - I didn't see anything but the Alsa ETC-16 (ne2000)
cards that have been there for weeks.  I was hoping to find another RISC
machine there, but no luck so I ended up not buying anything.  Of course, I
didn't get down there until close to 2, so all the good stuff was gone.

There are a few AT style keyboards down there, to go with these old
motherboards.

Lots and lots of Gateway Pentium-MMX 200/233 E-3000 machines down there, and a
few more P-II boxes are starting to show up.  Jeff said that he thinks that
more of the Gateways are going to show up, so he'll be hard pressed for room
for them all.  (Toby?  Do you have details?)  Maybe when he runs out of room,
the Gateways will come down in price.  Right now they're only $10 less than a
P-II 266 IBM box.

15" monitors are $5, so if you need one or two now's the time to pick them up.
Next week I'll pick up a few more for the LUG, assuming we have a meeting
somewhere.