[jsonar] Re: JAWS 13 and Sonar again

  • From: Chris Belle <cb1963@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jsonar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 14:36:02 -0500

Does it help to turn on speak on when going through presets?

At 12:26 PM 5/10/2012, you wrote:
JAWS 13 still has this issue with edit fields in sonar.

I am using the latest version of JAWS 13 on a Windows 7 system.

The way I usually get around this is to hit the WindowsKey after entering
text into an edit field - this gets me to the Windows Start menu.  Then I
hit the WindowsKey again and this puts me back in Sonar and then I am able
to arrow through the track fields as usual.

This is a bit of a nuisance, but it seems to work.

More annoyingly, a similar issue seems to occur when arrowing through
presets in many of the FX plug-ins.  With JAWS 12 I could hear each item as
I arrowed up and down the list.  With JAWS 13, however, navigation through
the presets list seems to be broken.

So, JAWS 13 is useable, but JAWS 12 seemed to work better in these regards.

Hope that helps.

--Pete