[JScript-Dev] More information

  • From: "Sheila Lacanaria" <lala@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jscript-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 16:58:40 +0800

Hi again everyone!

Here's what I basically came up with about the Local Environment at the training center I was telling you about.

Attached is a brief description of it:

Setting:

School/Training Center - where students can access the files that they need to work on through a server. But before they can access their files, they have to supply their login and passwords to be able to use computers, or to begin practicing or working.

Illustration 1

Enter

Login:

Password:

In this environment alone, JAWS does not respond to any key pressed on the keyboard, nor does Windows respond, because no character appears on the screen. Only the cursor appears blinking.

If they are not able to login successfully, then they cannot access the files that they need to use, but they will be able to use Windows XP (navigate around it and use some applications like MS Word and Express Scribe). And JAWS works in the Windows XP environment, just like any regular computer.

Tomorrow, I will visit the training center itself and ask their technical personnel to give me a more descriptive information so that I can post more information here.

Till then.. Hope you all have a great day ahead...

Sheila Kaye Lacanaria
Resources for the Blind, Inc.
Box 80540 DCCPO, Davao City,
8000 Philippines
Tel. # (082) 225-8937 to 38
email: lala@xxxxxxxxxxxx
         lilu_09@xxxxxxxxx

P.S. Attached are emails from Ms Des and Mr Phuc. That is basically what is they also use at the training center. But Again, I'll try squeeze out more information from the people at the training center... :D

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lourdes B. Borgonia" <lourdes_bor@xxxxxxxxx>