[jos64] Re: Welcome to the ne

  • From: richard balkins <wildstar128@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jos64@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 22:35:52 -0700 (PDT)

--- Hernan Vergara <hvergara@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> To: jos64@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Hi Jolse,
>
>  JO> I've moved the list over to freelists.org
>
> Excellent! Is there anything new in jos64, as to being able to boot
> from ramlink? :-D
>
> Hernan
Hello there Hernan,

I hope so.

Maybe soon with Maurice, I'll see if I can talk with him on some things about
possibly updateing the RAMLink system to either of three types of chip memory,
1) Flash ROM (1 Million rewrite/cycle industrial grade), 72 pin SIMMs, or 3)
SD-RAM DIMM/Rambus RIMM. First and the Last would greatly increase
RAMLink and perhaps will allow more commonly available technology to be used.

It would be great for JOS to boot through RAMLink or the propose devices I
mentioned.

=====