[jos64] Re: New HowTo: Stream Digital Audio

  • From: Wildstar <wildstar128@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jos64@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2001 12:30:05 -0800 (PST)

Cool,

With SuperCPU and the 16 MB RAM Module it would have the space to do some as
long as its Super Large and over 16 MB (I hope). As far as the RAMLink RL-port
to answer, it would be 1 Mhz or as high as maybe 4 or 8 Mhz at most. That was
because RL was made before the SuperCPU. What I like to see is I/O operation on
the native SuperCPU clock - 20 Mhz. This would increase the throughput to
around 160 Mbps (160 Million bits per second). By doing this, we could see the
possibility of Broadband/Network Cards. At phone data rates of 56 KBps (FCC
limits it to 53 Kbps) it would be sluggish and vary broken up if the ditital
audio was sent to you and you get the infamous "LAG". Although you could test
this with an IBM running Windows and still get that.If the goal is getting
streaming audio from the net. The best option is broadband. There is still the
possibility of the "LAG" but that is because, parts of the wire nest we call
the internet, isn't up to speed. You could still land yourself in a really
rotten data stream.

Another option that using the native 20 Mhz bus of the SuperCPU (65c816). Is
that you can have faster data transfer rates. Thus, making a solution to the
HDs slowness. Although its fast in comparison to the floppy, 1 Mhz bus is
really too slow for clean digital music streaming - even with good programming
practices and a streamline software.

Keep up the good work, guys.

PS: Any news on =WiNGS= ????

=====