[jos64] New HowTo: Stream

  • From: "Colin J. Thomson" <colinjt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jos64@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2001 22:17:56 +1030

To: jos64@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Greg!

 JO>    Ever listen to digital audio with a
 JO> commodore?

Snip..

 JO>   Well, even if you haven't had these
 JO> experiences, This how to is about
 JO> how to set default sample rates of the
 JO> JOS digital Mixer, and how to send
 JO> the mixer streams of Digital Data.

Cool info you put on your site Greg, I tried the example

"cat file.wav >/dev/mixer" and tweaked it with

"rawplay -h 11000 /dev/null"  (tried various settings)

Doing the tests using my CMD HD, it just isnt up to the job, I guess
because the CMD HD is *only* running at 1 Mhz and not 20Mhz via the RL
P/port??

Oh yeah while I remember ;) didn't you tweak the Digimax, adjusted some
resistor values? if so could you pass the info onto me please, as I am
also hunting for a spec sheet on the MAX505

Cheers,

Colin\WGS

... Surfing with a Commodore 128D running Wheels + The Wave B2.9
___ QWKRR128 V5.10 [R]

-
Jos Homepage - http://www.jolz64.cjb.net/
with unsubscribe in the Subject field