[jos64] Re: Jos to merge with CLiPS - WiNGS!

  • From: Professor Dredd <profdredd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jos64@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 05:49:30 -0800 (PST)

Hey Jolse,

I'm very interested in your decision to merge JOS and
CLiPS. Both are very powerful and flexible, and the CLiPS
GUI looks fantastic. So I hope you don't mind a few
questions  ;)

Is it accurate to say that you intend to marry the CLiPS
GUI with the JOS core? If so where does that leave the
original JOS GUI?

What other parts of CLiPS are good candidates to be
retained?

How do the CLiPS core components differ from JOS and what
difficulties do you anticipate in weaving them together?
Does it seem likely that some features will be abandoned or
superceded for new features?

Not long ago you announced your intention to work on a
version of JOS for the (not yet completed) CommodoreOne
which would take full advantage of the new system's
advanced hardware features. What does the new marriage mean
for prospective CommodoreOne users? Can we safely hope that
when the CommodoreOne is finally ready WiNGS will be the OS
of choice for us?

Thank you for your efforts and please keep up the good
work.

=====
go6502 - Commodore and Apple II news, programs, hardware and resources
http://www.geocities.com/profdredd