[jos64] Re: Jos to merge with CLiPS - WiNGS!

  • From: Nate Dannenberg <natedac@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jos64@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 07:49:30 -0600 (CST)

>   Nate had his 128 Tower WebServing with JOS... With a Cable connection it
> was potentially up all the time.
>
>    What's going on with your 128 and JOS now a days Nate?

Right now it's in the storage shed along with 95% of my personal belongings
(including my appliances!) while I stay here.  About all I am able to set up
is this Linux box, which works well since others like to use it anyways to
surf the web, burn CD's, etc.

> PS...  Never under estimate the annoyance of a noisy computer. If I were
> you, I'd try to cool your computer without the big crazy Fans.  Then when

heh, that thing never bothered me any.  If any part of it is too noisy, it's
that old-ass 1GB HDD in it.  The newer ~500 MB HDD is quiet tho.

> it's quiet you can leave it on 24/7. :)  Serving with jos. :) ON the
> Web. :)  Power to the People. :)

Besides, JOS wasn't stablew enough to run for too long (bugs in the networking
code mostly, nothing kernel related afaik).