[jos64] Re: Booting with a 1581.

  • From: Ramlink666@xxxxxxx
  • To: jos64@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 12:15:47 EST

Retro Computing Today - What is the big idea?

There seems to be a growing interest in computers and technology of
yesteryear. With very few publications actually acknoledging this, it is left
to a handful of small magazines to fill the gap, with profitable publications
such as Computer and Video Games dedicating less than 4 pages to "The Old
School". Retro Computing Today aims to be the first professional publication
to cover all topics regarding this very subject matter, instead of
concentrating on one particular computer or platform, as Commodore Scene
does, Retro Computing Today aims to cover as many topics as there are
interests for. For instance, those people who choose to use a Vic 20 to veiw
web sites through to the AmigaOne platform.

Obviously, the more support a particular platform recieves, the more of the
magazine will be dedicated to covering it, however, we would hope to provide
some sort of balance, unlike at least 90% of current publications, whom tend
to concentrate on the Windows/XBox platform.

Do you have big ideas yourself?

Details are sketchy at the minute, as the publication is still in early
planning stages. We can confirm the following;

Launch issue for early May 2002.
8 copies a year (1 every 6 weeks). If there is enough demand, we will move
towards 10 copies a year (1 every 5 weeks).
Website launched soon.

So, if you would like to shape this publication, please email me.

If you would like to write any articles for the launch issue, please forward
them in .txt format, with the subject matter as Submissions 092246. We would
appreciate greatly any help we can get.

Thank you for reading,

Shaun/Retro Computing Today.