[jobtransit] Teleconference (11/08/07)

  • From: "Kevin Lee" <colmustang@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jobtransit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2007 21:01:23 -0500

Hey guys,

Just wanted to confirm this Thursday's meeting.  Also, was wondering if it
was possible to push it up a half hour to 7:30 PM PT (only because I wake up
at 4:45AM on Fridays).  If not, it's no big deal, and we can keep it at 8:00
PM.

Again, here's the agenda:

1)       Handling GPAs-The Apples & Oranges Question

2)       Progress Completion Rate

3)       Student Interface / Employer Interface Ideas

4)       Sam's trip to the job fair

5)       Thoughts about UNR social networking site

6)       Ideas to address in the next Q & A Session

Jon brought up a good point last week regarding the limited "friend"
visibility on Ekiga.  We might try to open both Ekiga and either AIM or
Skype.  This way we can use AIM or Skype to coordinate and see when people
arrive and then give Ekiga a go (still not sure how well it works).  Also,
I'm continually thinking about the various problems that may
arise-scalability, security, manageability, etc.  Every time I start to
think about a requirements doc, a bunch of these problems arise, and it
makes it difficult to form something that outlines what we need to do.  I'm
hoping that, through our meetings, we can more efficiently (and effectively)
hammer out the various problems and make it easier to draft a plan that we
can use to take our idea to design and implementation.  It's extra difficult
since we're geographically apart, and I'm sure that these meetings will
expedite the process.  Over the next 2-3 weeks we can work through any/all
concerns and get this thing rolling.

If you have any scheduling conflicts, just give a holler.  Plus, anything
you'd like to add to the agenda, please do so.

Talk to you guys on Thursday.

Kev