[jjr69] You can lower gasoline prices!!!

  • From: "lamtong" <lamtong@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jjr69@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 09:39:18 -0800

FW: You can lower gasoline prices!!!

Just do this!!!   Fw: Exxon

     Wouldn't it be great to make this work.  Especially for all the
hard

     working families trying to make ends meet.

**

     Join the resistance!!!

     I hear we are going to hit close to $3.00 a gallon by the summer
Want

     gasoline prices to come down? We need to take some intelligent,
united

     action.

     Phillip Hollsworth, offered this good idea: This makes MUCH MORE
SENSE

     than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign that was going

     around last April or May!

     The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we
wouldn't

     continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas. It was more of
an

     inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever

     thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work.

     Please read it and join with us!

     By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $1.50 is

     super cheap. Me too! It is currently $1.97 for regular unleaded in
my

     town.

     Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us

     think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50- $1.75, we

     need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control
the

     marketplace....not sellers.

     With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers
need

     to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of gas
come

     down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their

     gas!

     And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

     How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas.
But

     we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force

     price war.

     Here's the idea:

     For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two

     biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they are

     not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices.
If

     they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow

     suit.

     But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon

     and Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do!! Now, don't whimp
out

     on me at this point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it
is

     to reach millions of people!!

     I am sending this note to about thirty people. If each of you send
it

     to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at

     least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the

     message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have
reached

     over THREE MILLION consumers!  If those three million get excited
and

     pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have

     been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it.....

     THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!! Again, all you have to do is send
this

     to 10 people and DON"T purchase ANY gasoline from EXXON and MOBIL.

     That's all.

     PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $1.30 RANGE
AND

     KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK.