[jimkitchenchat] Re: //

  • From: "Jim Kitchen" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "diw_rocks@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <jimkitchenchat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 05:44:14 -0400

Hi Diwaka,

Well my best guess is, in the U. S. Smokey the bear used to do public service messages on TV. He would say "only you can prevent forest fires"
Well the hat that he wore looks very much like the hats that some of the police
wear.  So maybe that is why truckers on their CB radio started calling the
police smokey.  Other times they would also call them bears.  As in there's a
bear in the air.  That would be one in a helicopter.  It's just all CB lingo.

About speeding,

Speeding:
The speed limit is 55 miles per hour unless otherwise posted.
Generally, Smokey will allow some leeway before pulling you over, but the
faster you go the more likely you are to attract his attention.
There are also a couple of places along the way where a radar may be in
operation with strict enforcement.

Also in the instructions it says that there are less police and weigh stations
on the southern route.  So depending on which route you take you will be more
or less likely to be caught.

I do know that on the northern route just passed Cleveland Ohio which is where
I live, there is a State Highway patrol station, and lots of other police in
the area, so you do not want to speed in that area.

HTH

BFN

    Jim

POLICE STATION TOILET STOLEN .... Cops have nothing to go on.

jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.kitchensinc.net
(440) 286-6920
Chardon Ohio USA