[jhb_airlines] Re: wednesday

  • From: "Alex - Reheat.org" <Alex@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 12:32:40 +0100

Colin,

Comments taken on board! guess I had the wrong end of the stick there, Its been so long since I first flew online I struggle to remember what it is like, which is always a setback for me when planning any event like this.

I agree regarding finding your way around a big airport like LL is daunting. Especially as the Pilot Club client has no chart viewer like ATOC Advanced did.
Perhaps then, we should substitute Southampton, Bournemouth or Gatwick for LL?

What is the opinion on that?

Alex

Wilding, Colin wrote:
Alex,

As a newbie who was always concerned about whether I should be doing this or that at any particular time, I always found the Centre coverage to be a calming influence.  ie when to begin descent and so on.  The difficulty here I suppose is that the distances between the three chosen airports are not that great and would it be a question of being passed around rather like a hot potato.

As an aside, IMHO, Heathrow is never a great place to fly into or out of when you are a newbie.  It is too big and just navigating around it is difficult.

Colin

Colin Wilding

Operations - PI Division
HCC International Insurance Company PLC
A subsidiary of HCC Insurance Holdings, Inc.