[jhb_airlines] Re: wednesday...

  • From: "Peter Dodds" <pdodds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 09:47 +0100 (BST)

There's always the Cix VFR Club. 160 members as of this morning.  Newest
member is Terry Shields, designer of Gloucester airport for FSX. I wonder
if we can persuade him to do Biggin Hill next?

Actually there are several smaller airfields opening on Vatsim these days,
Wellesbourne Mountford, Halfpenny Green to name two, so on some nights it
can get quite realistic, with ATC cover "to infinity - and beyond!"

If you want to do something a bit different, go to Sywell on Wednesday
July 11th, park and connect to Vatsim before 19:30 local time. It is the
occasion of the third Annual Sywell air show and is well worth watching,
even if only for the technology "fix" of watching a virtual airshow! Cix
VFR Club's "2-4-Cix" team are the opening display, 5 Chipmunks in
formation including two doing a synchronised aerobatic routine, followed
by a lone Spitfire also doing aeros. The Red Arrows, Airbus 380 and
Concorde are also all "acts" for the show.  The flight line is runway
03/21, so park so as to be able to see that view.  There will be a
special "VUK" file available very soon, which when installed enables
spectatotors to see the correct aircraft, even if they don't have it in
their system. Included in this file will be a spectator sitting on a
chair.  This is actually an aircraft and you can use it to watch the show
(no panel or windscreen) and it can be slewed into any position you like
for watching.

Peter