[jhb_airlines] Re: tips

  • From: franklyn fisher <ff006c5886@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 22:37:28 +0100

Gerry
Did you try selecting 'infinity', I would of thought that both processors would show the same graph level, if they were both running equally in parallel.
Frank

Mr Winskill wrote:

Frank,
I've had a quick look at the first, CPU related, suggestion.
In untouched state, with both processors ticked, CPU Useage is 54%, one
processor burbling just below max and the other burbling along just above the
baseline. FPS is about 57, at Ronaldsway.

With only one processor ticked, CPU Useage is down to 51%. One processor is a
straight line at max, the other barely discernible above baseline and fps
probably about 2 to 3 lower than in the first situation.

The Default was both running with FS9, which was producing marginally beter framerates.

Brighter brains than mine my deduce something from this.

Can't look at the effect of FSUIPC on blurries, since my version seems to have
become unregistered, at some stage.

Gerry Winskill

Franklyn Fisher <ff006c5886@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote :

I don't know if this will be of any use to you, but have just found it.
&gt; &gt; DualCore Processors
&gt; &gt; Start FS in windowed mode.
&gt; Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to get the task manager, click performance tab, and &gt; observe that FS is only using one processor.
&gt; The left graph will show a heavy load, the right a light load.
&gt; Click on processes, and look for FS9.exe, and select Infinity. Remove &gt; the check mark from one processor.
&gt; Close the window and then repeat the process, and select both processors

&gt; again.
&gt; FS9 will now spread the load over the 2 processors.
&gt; &gt; Or search the Microsoft Support for Dual core hot fix.
&gt; &gt; &gt; Blurries
&gt; &gt; ie textures not loading fast enough
&gt; Check your visibility settings in the registered version of FSUIPC.
&gt; &gt; Hope this will be of help, or you already know this.
&gt; &gt; Frank F

___________________________________ NOCC, http://nocc.sourceforge.net