[jhb_airlines] Re: tips

  • From: Mr Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 17:45:52 BST

It's a bit of a minefield, since they offer AGP, PCI-E x 16 and PCI-E x 1. Only
misco show sufficient info as to make it possible to choose the right version.
Mine now despatched, after checking with Matrox.
 They do indeed seem to have backed out of the Home market and their blurb
seems to be aimed at the commercial "back office" environment, heavilly into
multi screen use. The TripleHead was also developed for that market, before
focussing on gaming outlets.

The fact that the FSX disk doesn't have to be left in the machine is, as I'm
experiencing at present, a two edged sword. I'd be interested to know what
proportion of FS9 users fly on line but would imagine it's a minute fraction.
So, they'll have the inconvenience of having to connect to the net, just to
activate FSX. In my case, if not interested in MP, I'd definitely not connect
the new machine to the net.

I read yesterday that MS have now ceased to support un SP2 updated Windows XP.
In the past I've not belonged to the anti MS brigade but they seem,
increasingly, to be acting out the part of the archtypal monopolist supplier.

Gerry Winskill