[jhb_airlines] Re: password

  • From: "bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 03:11:20 +0100

It could be a port issue. Looking at my list I have ports 3011, 3012 and
6872 (or something like that) opened - the last being for Pro Controller.

As our last sessions were in Feb 2004 I can't recall which sim we used.
Logic suggests FS2002 so maybe FSD has problems with later versions. OTOH
FSD doesn't talk directly to the sim but to an interface - in the pilot's
case it is FSHost and for controllers it is Pro Controller.

I can get PC to connect to FSD but that is just internally via 127.0.0.1. If
other controllers can get PC to connect then the issue is with FSHost. If no
controllers can connect then it's a firewall issue here.

If FSHost is flaky then we may have to drop this idea - a pity as it leaves
the only alternative ATC systems to IVAO and VATSIM.