[jhb_airlines] Re: nvidia latest drivers...

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 09:26:07 +0100

I installed the UK version, not then knowing of the alternative, and it took me a couple of hours to get back to normal service, with the earlier version. I hadn't removed the earlier version, first, but thought Nvidea's later drivers didn't require this.
My card is a 6800GT.

Gerry Winskill

Phil Reynolds wrote:

Hi All,

I've installed these drivers with no effect whatsoever to my frame rates. I guess there are no improvements to my lowly FX5200 card!!!

Phil

Andrew Berry wrote:

Hey guys,

Can’t find Alex’s original post on this subject… but I reckon that I’m getting close to 20fps better with these new drivers than I was before too. Might be a little less than that as I’m also running a fairly fresh install of Windows, but there is definitely an improvement there… 45fps on Ultra High settings average, where as I was only ever getting 30 on Medium before hand! (Actually, I guess I’ve got a bigger improvement than I originally realised!!)

Shame I’ve got FS working properly now that FPI is gone,

Andy