[jhb_airlines] Re: last night

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 21:48:36 +0100

Thanks Tom - that clears up a few questions I had for you on the night
but never had a chance to ask you about.

The coms problem may be cured if we all stick to one FPI server. At
least I hope it will but only a live session will confirm this. The
rogue aircraft in front of you is, I guess, the scenery issue again.

This is going to be a tricky one because I don't really want to impose
any rule about using the default FS scenery. OK, there are some good
arguments for this in that it fits the ATOC maps, it will ease up frame
rates a lot (especially with a lot of FPI aircraft around) and it will
make parallel landings safer for places like Manchester, Heathrow and
Gatwick. However, even if we do stick to the default airfields I am not
so sure the runways in FS2002 and FS2004 are synchronised and we may end
up with the same issue.

One to ponder over for the future methinks..