[jhb_airlines] Re: last night

  • From: Denis N Ripley <dripley@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 09:24:53 -0600

Hi Tom,

 'just as I was about to land an aircraft appeared across the runway
and I had to take to the grass.'

I think that was me. I am using Simflyers EGCC and though Tower(Brian) told
me to stay well back of the runway because of the scenery discrepancies, I
obviously wasn't back far enough. I saw you coming and tried to back up
using SLEW but obviously not fast enough. Nice landing in the grass by the
way. My apologies.

I learnt one thing tonight and that was not to use a brand new aircraft(new
to me) for flying IFR with FPI. I attempted to try flying the Fokker 100 for
the first time and upon departing 24L at EGCC proceeded to head in a NE
direction, when I should have been going to EGBB, while wrestling with the
controls. Never again.

Frequency changeovers were a minor problem to me but I managed to overcome
them before it got too critical. Many thanks to both Brian and John for
their time and patience. Can't wait until next week to give it another try.

Denis
JHB164