[jhb_airlines] last night

  • From: "Tom Smith" <ftd.smith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 10:48:26 +0100

Last night was a bit of a puzzle for me.I had flown most of the after noon
using atoc with no problems at all .I had talked to controllers and been
handed over with ok. for last nights session .I left Brussels and was handed
over to eham control one problem he inturn handed me over to John again no
problem each time it was confirmed which atis to us in the text box and I
clicked on the atis to change. my problem started when I heard Gerry saying
he could not connect with Manchester tower.I should have kept out of it but
suggested he tried switching the server on and off my big mouth.when I was
handed over I found that i could not connect.I tried a manual in put but it
didn't work .but I cant be sure, as twice I saw that I had switched in the
vox window .after repeated try's atoc had had enough and shut down not
before just as I was about to land an aircraft appeared across the runway
and I had to take to the grass. I was using airport 2000
Tom