[jhb_airlines] last night

  • From: "Tom Smith" <ftd.smith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 15:19:13 +0100

Hi All
It was mixed bag for me last night.in the after noon a transfer atoc to one
computer to make sure I would see other aircraft.of course it didn't work
first but with Gerry's help it was sorted out.At 1930 uk I as ready to fly
egnv to egcc.atoc on I tuned to uk channel and heard bones and Andy.I then
got airborne and tuned to egcc app at which time a pop up informed me able
to connect with server it may be off line.so I opened the connection box to
change servers and found only one .Fsd.flightproject .de had disappeared.I
played around for a while got bones once and was told not to shout  I opened
creative and turned down mike level .started again from Teesside and was
nearing egcc still no contact with any one,seeing all the traffic at egcc I
thought time to get out of here and turned on a heading of 360 to quietly
sneak away when Andy come through with my call sign and a heading for egcc I
reluctantly obeyed and was handed off to egcc app.Still no contact with
Bones when just as I was about to give up he came through and after that all
as ok.Talking to Alastair afterwards he said I was coming though very loud.I
tried my mike level with rw and it was ok.after which I found I had the gain
in atoc voice turned up to 2.5 sorry
TOM