[jhb_airlines] Re: landing guage

  • From: Mike Nicholls <miken5000@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 17:15:35 +0000 (GMT)

Gerry
The altitude call out guage I mentioned is now installed and operational - at
the end of the day finding the right guage was all that was needed, the sound
files I already had.
You're right that the designing and adaption of guages, aircraft and scenery is
every bit as addictive as the flying itself. We can see how the guys are
enjoying improving the the farm strips  scenery, there is something hugely
satisfying in understanding how the files fit in place, and then watching their
creations develop. My paultry efforts on  my Cessna 510 cockpit was quite
satisfying , even though it was mocked by the designer of the original
cockpit when I showed him a picture. With no program to help, mine was done
using paintshop  then idividually siting the guages using x y co-ordinates and
resizing them. I know there are programs out there to help, but i was trying to
understand the fundamentals ( not to the point of deigning a guage which is
another prospect altogether ).
That said, I installed another 510 yesterday, which came with an
improved cockpit with multipurpose guages, decent v c, and an autopilot I
hadn't come across before - so lots more guages I can copy into my version.
Back to the drawing board
Mike