[jhb_airlines] Re: [jhb_airlines]Tonight's Session

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 17:32:14 +0100

Well that's port 15000 set..............it says here.
The range of options wasn't as described in the manual but, under Services, was the option to add a port, so that's what I did.

I'll keep an eye open sometime this evening, to see if there's an opportunity to check.
Thanks for the help. The list comes up trumps again....provided it works, he added, hastilly.

Gerry Winskill

Paul Reynolds wrote:

Gerry,

To Create a New Inbound or Outbound Rule

1 Submit the router's address in an Internet browser. (The default is
192.168.0.1).
2 Enter the router's username and password.
3 From the main menu, click Security > Rules.
4 Click Add for inbound or outbound traffic, as appropriate to the
application you are planning to run.
5 Select the Service. The services the router knows about are listed in the
drop down. If the service you want is not listed, add it as described in the
next section.
6 Select the Action, for example ALLOW always.
7 For Send to LAN Server, enter the IP address of the local server. Note
that this is also the IP address the computers on your LAN will access.
8 For WAN User choose Any, or limit access to particular IP addresses.
9 For Log selection it is reasonable to turn logs on, especially at the
beginning when you are unsure of the result of the changes you are making.
Later, you may want to set logs to "Never" for performance reasons.
10 Click Apply.

Taken from the Netgear site
http://kbserver.netgear.com/kb_web_files/N101145.asp#FR114PAnchor