[jhb_airlines] Re: [jhb_airlines]FSX Instabillity

  • From: Mr Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 08:54:14 +0100

Whilst looking around Glasgow Extreme, last night, there were three occasions
when FSX simply disappeared. Not the usual route, accompanied by phone home
mesages etc, simply a "now you see, it now you don't" experience.
On both occasions I was in Tower view when it happened.
At first I suspected that the claimed FSX compatibillity of the scenery might
be slightly overopimistic. Now I suspect it has more to do with the aircraft.

On both occasions I was using aircraft imported from FS9. One was the
Aerodesigns A320, the other the EMB170. I'd previously noticed that changing to
spot view has different results, from those with the Default FSX a/c. With the
Defaults, cycling with the S key takes me through Tower, Spot Plane, some
unidentified view which is possibly to allow a check on gear and flaps, then a
return to Panel view. When an FS9 a/c is used there seem to be just two views
available. I'm beginning to suspect that this may be the cause of the
disappearing FSX.

Any ideas in the usual unmarked brown envelope.

Meanwhile, if I run FS9 a/c I'm avoiding the outside views. I'm also using them
with FSX Default panels, until I've constructed versions that exclude gauges
that FSX doesn't send warnings about.

Early days yet.

Gerry Winskill

NOCC, http://nocc.sourceforge.net