[jhb_airlines] Re: is it possible ??

  • From: "Paul Reynolds" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 17:01:09 -0000

With current technology, I would advise you to go for a Intel Pentium Duel
Core machine rather than AMD, 1 or 2Gb of memory, as big a hard Drive as you
can get, as high end graphics card as you can manage but avoiding SLI as FSX
does not and, from what I've read so far, will not support it. SLI is a
technology allowing two identical graphics cards to run linked together to
share the work load and produce even better graphics output.  If you can
afford it, wait until the new range of DX10 graphics cards are released,
they would be best suited for FSX as it has been designed DX10 in mind.
Also, bear in mind the new Vista operating system is due for release, if you
are thinking about a new machine you may benefit significantly by holding
off until you can get one with vista bundled.