[jhb_airlines] Re: is it possible ??

  • From: "Alex - Reheat.org" <Alex@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 16:57:31 +0000

Ernie,

Pretty much any setup is possible these days so I would say yes to your monitor question, however there are several people on this list more versed in monitor setup than me so I will let them give you a more detailed response.

First things first. To find FPS in flight sim (any version post 2000) just press SHIFT and Z at the same time, first it brings up your location, speed, heading etc, press it again and it brings up your FPS for you, press it again it brings up both, once more and they both go away.

A few years ago the main question about specification would be about price, however these days a decent computer is really quite cheap, For example you can get one of the latest dual core machines with a very good graphics card, ample RAM and Hard Drive space for a little bit over £350, which is a bit of a bargain considering that FSX is £60 (well perhaps not any more) and many add ons are quite expensive.

An example of a decent package is the one on the right here: http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/pcrange.html?ISY

No need to spend £1000s any more on a good PC.....which is good!

The possibilities are endless these days, best thing to do is just set yourself a budget  and shop around, ask friends and people here about what they have heard of for that price and go for the best spec available for that ££££.

Or that'd be my suggestion anyway!

Alex

ERNIE LAYCOCK wrote:
Hi All
I am seriously thinking of buying a new computer,so that I can then run FSX.I would like to know if it is possible to have 2 computers (connected by switching), to my 2 monitors.Is this what a router does ? I have no idea !!!
My computer is pretty basic :-
AMD2800 processor  8 gig Hd  + 120 gig HD (external on USB) Nivea video card FX5200.
Anybody got a good specification what I would need to run FSX ? Forget cost at this stage.
I have already posted an email (by mistake !!) and Alex has replied already -- thanks Alex.
You seem to be able to find FPS (I don't know how to do this !!!) I have no idea how slow or fast mine runs !!
Over to all of you
Ernie