[jhb_airlines] Re: hardware problems

  • From: gwinsk@xxxxxxx
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 17:51:56 +0100

Ernie,
You get scenery on both screens? That's a new one on me.
 On my system, when I boot up FS, I have it appear just on my main screen. The
first
time, the second screen will be dark. If I click right, with the cursor
anywhere on the
main screen, I get a selection popup. From this I select Properties, then
Settings. On
this screen will be two monitors depicted. If I click on the second one, then
select
properties, one of the options is ATTACH. It wont have a tick against it. If
you click on
the ATTACH, a tick appears alongside. Now click the APPLY option. A couple of
seconds later and the second monitor should line up. In the screen properties,
Settings,
screen for the second monitor is an option that refers to something like Spread
Display
Across This Monitor. Opt to do that.
Now the tricky bit. Having got there, i found the cursor wouldn't move don onto
the
second monitor. If you try it, you'll find it is prepared to move acrocc and
onto the
second monitor; usually from one side only.
To get it to move down, go to your Settings, Control panel and double left
click on
Display. This produces a popup with the two monitors, alongside each other. Put
the
cursor opn the second monitor, hold down the left mouse button and you'll find
you can
drag it to the position below the number one screen. If there's an Apply
option, go for it.

If you now have two screens, the FS display should be on the number one screen
only.
To get the panel to move to the lower monitor, place the cursor anywhere on the
inst
panel and right click. Accept the Unlock option.
Now, place the cursor over the upper blue border that now appears atop the inst
panel.
If you hold down the left button, you can drag it down to the bottom screen.
The first time
you try it, use the Default Cessna 172 or 182. You may have to pull the sides
of the
displaced panel in, to get it to fit on the second monitor, without overlapping
its edges.

If that works, try a third party aircraft and you'll find there's a difference
in the way it
appears. If you get that far, post again' cos there's a solution to that, too!

Hope it helps.

Gerry Winskill
gwinsk@xxxxxxx