[jhb_airlines] Re: Yoke

  • From: <mhlucas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 11:20:22 +0000

Paul

I already have the Saitek drivers installed, but not their addon proprietary
software.  I will certainly have a look at clearing and resetting all axis and
button assignments, although I am not convinced that these are the cause of the
problem - I know that none of the buttons apart from the one which I have set
activates "Cycle View", and the view is cycling by itself without any button
being pressed.  I have wondered about iffy USB ports: I have checked these out
and am as certain as I can be that they are not the cause.  I have also asked
myself whether the wireless mini-keyboard which sits on top of the yoke might
be transmitting radio pulses which cause interference resulting in a ghost
button press.  The ghost button presses are quite random - sometimes a long
interval between them (occasionally a whole one hour flight with no untoward
effects); other times every few seconds.

No such problem with X-Plane - but by default it has *no* axes or buttons
allocated .... so perhaps this points to the need to try clearing and resetting
in FS.

One final observation - I gather that you (and Peter) have the Saitek pedals as
well, which I don't (I have the CH ones) - not sure if this complicates r
simplifies the situation.

Mike L