[jhb_airlines] XPlane

  • From: "franklyn fisher" <ff006c5886@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 15:50:45 +0100

A remark by Bones, sent me wandering around the internet last night.
Found, and spent 40 minutes downloading the 700+mb of XPlane Demo.
Spent 5 minutes loading it, then another 5 minutes looking for the orange button to release the brakes (it was colored black).

After takeoff, the default 747 behaved like a drunken pig, but then the sim was not configured to my controls, and being time limited, I had trouble finding the wing leveler button.

Scenerywise, the graphics and eyecandy seemed as good as the best FlightSim offers.

Looking on the site, I noted that XPlane comes in three flavours, Macintosh/Windows/Linux.

I just wondered if any of you that use Linux, have tried that version.

I really would like to dump Microsoft, but am stuck on FlightSim.

Frank F

Ps See you all at EGGP tonite??