[jhb_airlines] Re: XP Updates

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 20:34:29 +0000

The latest claim I've seen for Vista is that it will enable FSX to take advantage of dual cores and run faster. The FSX designers, however, say they haven't designed it to take advantage of dual core, because the number of interacting threads make it impossible. Looks as though the Vista people are being economical with the truth.

I confess that I'll be looking at Vista with a very cynical eye. To some it
will be the perfect platform for MS to gain total control over the hardware
and software markets. I can see a whole raft of "untrustworthy" apps going
on their list because the companies can't afford the "Certified" or
"Verified" label from MS.