[jhb_airlines] Re: XML gauges

  • From: FrankTurley@xxxxxxx
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2006 04:48:34 EDT

In a message dated 09/09/2006 09:00:51 GMT Daylight Time, gwinsk@xxxxxxx
writes:

Try it  with one of the existing .xml files out of FS9, Gauges.
Just double left  click on the gauge and it should appear in xml format,
which always  confuses me as to why it looks like a web page. Place the
cursor anywhere  over the page and, on mine, a right click produces a
popup panel that  includes, half way down, the option View Source. That's
the one that gives  you the Notepad version.
If a right click doesn't produce the popup then  I'm out of ideas; sorry.

Gerry,

I've realised what's happening here, you have the XML Editor selected as  the
default for opening XML files, and I have Notepad. If I open an XML file
with the XML Editor, I get the display you describe, it appears in an Internet
Explorer window. As you say, a right click and selecting source gets you into
Notepad.

However, I guess if you get the syntax wrong then the XML Editor will  refuse
to open. What puzzles me is why they call it an Editor, when it doesn't  let
you edit. I'm wondering if there's a switch somewhere which you need to
operate, it would be good if it picked up syntax errors.

Frank T.