[jhb_airlines] Re: XML gauges

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2006 09:00:26 +0100

Frank,
Try it with one of the existing .xml files out of FS9, Gauges.
Just double left click on the gauge and it should appear in xml format, which always confuses me as to why it looks like a web page. Place the cursor anywhere over the page and, on mine, a right click produces a popup panel that includes, half way down, the option View Source. That's the one that gives you the Notepad version.
If a right click doesn't produce the popup then I'm out of ideas; sorry.

BTW, since doing the XP upgrade, opening an xml file also brings up a Windows Information popup, advising me it has blocked a popup and this may be a dodgy file. I'll opt never to see it again but I'm intrigued.

Gerry Winskill

FrankTurley@xxxxxxx wrote:

In a message dated 08/09/2006 20:43:09 GMT Daylight Time, gwinsk@xxxxxxx writes:

    With the .xml file displayed on the screen, in xml
    format, right click on it and take the option Display Source, or
    something. This brings up a text file that you can edit. When you've
    finished editing, save it as a text file then, to the name, add  .xml
    and save again.

Gerry,
I'm not getting this right, I just get the raw file displayed, and this doesn't give me the Display Source option. How do I get it displayed in XML format by Notepad please?
Frank T.