[jhb_airlines] XML gauges

  • From: FrankTurley@xxxxxxx
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 14:59:58 EDT

When you finally get something to work its mixed emotions, happiness that  it
works, and then kicking yourself for not getting it right sooner!

I have been wrestling for a week now, trying to get a digital RPM gauge to
work. Try as I might, I just couldn't spot what was wrong. I had been using
Notepad to edit the file.

I finally concluded that there must be a hidden character in the file, so I
thought I would try and use something else to look at it. When I right clicked
 on the file, and got the Open With prompt, I spotted XML Editor. I didn't
even  know I had one of these!

Having selected XML Editor, the file refused to open, but it did give me  a
helpful error message. Armed with that information, using Notepad I  looked at
what it was complaining about, and sure enough, there was a missing  pointy
bracket. I added said bracket and saved the file. XML Editor liked the  edited
file and displayed it.

Back to FS9, selected the aircraft with the gauge, and bingo, there it was.
Hooray!

Please can I ask all XML scribes what they use for file editing please? The
XML File Editor only appears to display the file, without allowing edits. Or
am  I missing something again?

Frank T.