[jhb_airlines] XML Gauges

  • From: FrankTurley@xxxxxxx
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 11:42:49 EDT

Today I ventured to extend my learning by experimenting with mouse areas.
Things that I learnt (eventually!) -

1. If you are working with a gauge with a transparent background (e.g.  mine
has a text string and a value with a transparent gap in between), the gauge
mouse doesn't become active over the transparent area. I discovered this
(eventually) by setting the main mouse area pointer to a hand, rather than
normal,
and spotting it only changed to a hand when over the text or number.  Over
the transparent area it remained as a pointer.

2. This also applies to "child" mouse areas, so if you define a mouse area
that happens to be transparent, you'll never see the pointer change, and the
area will never become active!

3. The FSX script interpreter is picky about spaces, so  0[Space](.....
works, 0(........doesn't. Not easy to spot but you need to  watch for it.

4. I never did get the tooltip to display what I wanted.

Off to give the grey matter a break.

Frank T.