[jhb_airlines] Re: XML Debugging tool:

  • From: FrankTurley@xxxxxxx
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 14:03:47 EDT

In a message dated 16/10/2007 12:35:20 GMT Daylight Time, bones@xxxxxxx
writes:

%((A:TOTAL FUEL QUANTITY, gallons)) 100 * %((A:FUEL TOTAL CAPACITY,
gallons)) / % %3.1f!%

The above is not RPN because you have an  operand between the two values.

If you want A / B * C then it has to be  written as ABC /*. Try:

%((A:TOTAL FUEL QUANTITY, gallons) (A:FUEL  TOTAL CAPACITY, gallons) 100 / *
%!3.1f!

Can't you just use %((A:TOTAL FUEL QUANTITY, percent) )%!3.1f!   ??

bones

Hi Bones,

Using Mike's RPN calculator with dummy values of 30 for fuel and 60 for
capacity, I can enter -

30 [Enter]
100 [Enter]
* [Enter] - stack has 3,000
60[Enter]
/ [Enter] - Result = 50 which I would expect

So I'm trying to do this with my expression, but no joy! I have to admit I
get baffled by the use of the %, I think it has two possible uses, and I'm
confused between them!

Not impressed with the SDK either, it says (A:TOTAL FUEL QUANTITY, gallons)
works, but I've found that you need ((A:TOTAL FUEL QUANTITY, gallons)) , i.e.
double brackets. I don't know why??????

Frank T