[jhb_airlines] Re: X codes

  • From: "bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 10:01:10 +0100

It may be one of the strips Gerry has created since my last DAT file update.
It's easy to add it to the DAT file - the syntax is quite straightforward.

My X codes list all known airfields for the UK and run to some 1700 entries.
I've not copied all these into ServInfo because the vast majority are
extinct, but disused airfields tend to spring into life with uncommon
regularity. Add to that the huge increase in private strips as GA is forced
out of regional airports and it's no surprise that the DAT file rapidly gets
out of date. Even keeping the source database up to date is difficult.