[jhb_airlines] Re: Wireless keyboard problem

  • From: Mike Lucas <mhlucas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 13:43:13 +0100

Alex

My friend's k/b is USB. I was thinking along the lines of suggesting a USB > PS/2 converter myself - just wondered if there was any other solution (maybe a BIOS setting). Seems an unfortunate design feature that power is not available to USB until after o/s has booted...

Thanks for your response.

Mike L

Alex Barrett wrote:

Mike,

How is it plugged in? I can use my Wireless keyboard but NOT the mouse to boot into safe mode using F8.

The reason for this, I believe, is because the Keyboard is plugged into the PS2 port and the mouse element of the receiver into the USB port. Do you have a USB-PS2 converter you can try to see if that gives it the power it needs?

Alex

Alex Barrett
FPI - UK & Ireland President
UKI-CP@xxxxxxxxxxx