[jhb_airlines] Re: Windows XP SP2

  • From: "Mike Brook" <mike.brook@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 20:47:06 +0100

I'd been using RC2 for some weeks so maybe I stole a march on others.
I have heard that ordinary users have been able to get it since last
Thursday/Friday.  M$ are, apparently, organising a 'managed' download
rota spread over a couple of months to ease the strain on their
servers.

http://www.microsoft.com/sql/techinfo/administration/2000/security/wi
nxpsp2faq.asp  - for info

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=049C9DBE-3B8
E-4F30-8245-9E368D3CDB5A&displaylang=en  - for a network install
version

(Usual caveat, check for the URLs wrapping).

No guarantees that an install from this source will work tho' (in
other words PLEASE don't blame me if it doesn't work!)

Cheers
MikeB