[jhb_airlines] Re: Windows Vista RC1 re-available for download

  • From: "Alex - Reheat.org" <Alex@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 10:47:10 +0100

Mike!

Aye I know mate, you are preaching to the converted! (Talking to you now from Ubuntu Linux, Flight planning machine runs DSL 3rd laptop is on Gentoo) but we have to be realistic, If we want FS to look good we have to bite the bullet!

</realism off>...oh hangon.. it was never on ;)

Mike Lucas wrote:
Alex

If anyone has tried Vista it would be Frank F - he seems to be the brave guinea pig and "early adopter" on the list.

I will not touch Vista with a bargepole until I am dragged screaming and kicking either by the IT people at work (if it becomes the only way to access the office network), or if it becomes the ONLY way to access some flight simming activities.  I am largely a Linux user these days.

Things to look out for with Vista?  Just about everything I would think - certainly security (M$ have already released security patches).  And I would be wary of M$/Vista wanting to take over the PC and telling you how to do things their way rather than how you want to ....

</rant off>

Mike L

Alex - Reheat.org wrote:
Sorry for flooding the list this morning!

It seems most of the people on here have a plethora of machines available for several uses so I thought I would just post this message up.

After a few weeks (months) break Microsoft have re-issued the Windows Vista Release Client Beta for download. The build appears to have changed slightly so I'm going to give it a go on one of my spare laptops (I'm a vista virgin so far)

Has anyone given it a go so far and got any tips or things I should look out for?

Alex