[jhb_airlines] Why is FPI/ATOC so bad?

  • From: "Mike Brook" <mike.brook@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "JHB Airlines" <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 00:57:42 +0100

I am rapidly reaching the point of abandoning FPI/ATOC due to its
frequent unavailability and failures.  At about 1130 local this evening
I was chucked out of their servers with the following error message:

"Debug Assertion Failed!
Program: C:\program files\FlightProject\ATOC.exe
File: dumpout.cpp
Line: 52
For information on how your program can cause an assertion failure, see
the Visual C++ documentation on asserts.
(Press Retry to debug the application)"

What the **** was that all about???

I had spent a long time manually setting up my PMDG 747-400 FMC for an
overnighter tonight from EGLL to WSSS when FPI/ATOC went t*ts up.  What
is the name of all that is holy is going on with this service?  Has
anyone any info that could help restore my confidence?  Whilst I have
never used VATSIM or IVAO, it really does frustrate me to see all the
pilots/controllers available 24/7 on their servers whilst there are
maybe have a dozen or so folks worldwide on FPI or, more likely, the
service is completely down or otherwise unavailable in one way or
another.

Am I alone...?

MikeB
JHB193