[jhb_airlines] Re: Which Field?

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 13:23:43 +0000

The latest scam, for that's how I regard it, is the way Paypal operate. About twelve months ago I bought a number of articles I was then collecting, via eBay. Once the deal was closed, and payment made using Paypal, the goods were despatched. Two recent purchases have seen me waiting three weeks for delivery. When I chased up the first supplier he said it was because it took seven to ten days for my cheque to clear. When I pointed out I had paid by Paypal, it emerged that though Paypal extracy the cash from my account, immediately, by Direct Debit, it takes them seven days to "clear" my payment! They then pay my supplier by Eurocheque and he waits until this has cleared before despatching goods. Overall they retain cash for an interest earning period which can't be justified when they've used Direct Debit to acquire it.

Gerry Winskill

Peter Dodds wrote:

The pre-booking idea was modified from "sending out tickets" to "bring your paypal receipt" because (he said) of the risk of forgery. I wouldn't expect too many people wanting to forge tickets to a flight sim show. A George Michael concert maybe, but .. I suspect he just wanted to improve his cash flow.

Anyway - I have so far failed to be able to print out my Paypal invoice, but I have printed out the relevant transaction shown on my paypal page. 500 people have pre-booked, som, as you say, the queue could be significant.