[jhb_airlines] Re: Which Field?

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 16:42:46 +0000

All sounds very familiar.

One of last year's UK bike events, either at Brands or Donnington Park, found the people who booked early in a similar left in the lurch position. On the day the queues were even worse, since the receipts had to be processed in the same queues they'd bought early to avoid. Not alone in regarding the net as a way of getting your money early, whilst not offering the benefit of a quick delivery at the same time. I had a run in with two firms this year, in both cases it turned out that they didn't even order from their suppliers until they had your cash with which to order.

Gerry Winskill

Mike Brook wrote:

Peter -

What was the outcome re the "where's my ticket?" conversation?  I've
been told to "bring along your PayPal receipt to exchange for a ticket
on the door".  Seemed a little strange.

The Kegworth crash IIRC was on approach to 09,  Nasty business.

MikeB

ps  I'll be hovering (not literally) around the Pilot Club Stand (Stand
53, Hall 3A) at 1200 on Sat so you'll get a chance to avoid me!